Do You Need a Service on your Equipment
Please fill in the below form and we can schedule a suitable time.
Mobility Solutions Centre - Electrical Standards & Compliance
Health Care providers have a fundamental obligation to ensure medical equipment (owned, loaned, on trial and donated) complies with the essential principals of safety and performance. The expert team at Mobility Solutions Centre (Dunedin) are here to help you meet your legal requirements.
We have 5+ staff accredited in Electrical test and Tag and we use the equipment suppliers service check sheets to maintain full 3551 standards of compliance and only genuine factory parts
The key standards governing servicing and certification of medical equipment are:
- AS/NZS 3551:2012 Management programs for medical equipment
- AS/NZS 3760:2010 In-service safety inspections and testing of electrical equipment
- AS/NZS ISO 10535: 2011 Hoists for the transfer of disabled persons – Requirements and
- AS/NZS 3551:2012 applies to the following equipment:
- Hospital and rest home beds
- Hoists including mobile, standing and raising hoists, stationary hoists – and all types of patient-lifting equipment (AS/NZS ISO 10535 also applies here)
- Pressure redistribution mattress and seating systems
- Any other equipment used in a patient environment
AS/NZS 3551 requires more stringent test thresholds for medical equipment than AS/NZS 3760, which applies to domestic appliances.
AS/NZS 3551 requires medical equipment be tested and receive preventative maintenance at least annually, or more regularly where the manufacturer stipulates.
Mobility Solutions Centre completes annual equipment servicing, preventative maintenance and test and tag certification for Health Care Providers throughout Otago.
Our service technicians’ are specialists in equipment inspection, testing, preventative maintenance and repair of hospital and mobility equipment.
Our robust in-house procedures ensure your equipment meets these regulatory standards and manufacturer requirements – including physical, functional and electrical testing.
We can fault find, identify and source replacement parts for you and also have loan equipment available to meet your short-term equipment needs.
We understand the importance of meeting your obligations under New Zealand Standards and Health and Safety legislation. To meet these stringent requirements, Mobility Solutions and Southern Mobility:
- employs and undertakes all training possible in the industry
- operates under our own strict operations procedures
- services equipment to manufacturers specifications and legislative requirements
- has in-house training programs to maintain the high levels of expertise necessary to service all equipment
- completes external training and certification to ensure correct servicing of equipment
- keeps abreast of all advancements in service technology
- reviews its processes frequently.
- Have staff qualified in many NZ/AUS Standards
- Have Backgrounds including Mechanical Engineering and Electrical.